Course Code – CHC33015
Delivery Mode – Classroom based with work placement
Course Duration – 52 weeks with 40 scheduled tuition weeks and up to 10 weeks of holidays and 2 weeks in the end to complete all assessment activities (if required).
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Decide which course is best for you
Complete an Application Form and send us via email
Wait for a Letter of Offer that will outline your fees and study obligations
If you accept the conditions in your letter of offer, make your initial course payment in order to formally enrol.
Total number of units = 13
7 core units
2. 6 elective units from the electives listed on the TGA website, consisting of:
- at least 4 units from the electives listed below, at least 2 units must be from those units listed under Groups A, B or C
- up to 2 units from the electives listed below, any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – these units must be relevant to the work outcome
Any combination of electives that meets the rules above can be selected for the award of the Certificate III in Individual Support. Where appropriate, electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation.
Packaging for each specialisation:
- All Group A electives must be selected for award of the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing).
- All Group B electives must be selected for award of the Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
- At least four units from Group C electives must be selected for award of the Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community).
- Where two specialisations are completed award of the qualification would read Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community).
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.